Shropshire Council has just launched COVID-19 Extension Grant Funding for Small Business. The grants are now live and are targeting those businesses who weren’t eligible for the small business and retail, leisure and hospitality grants.
For more information click here
The purpose of this extension grant scheme is to support businesses who to date have been ineligible for Government grant funding.
It seeks to prioritise those who are based in locations where no business rate payment is made directly to Government, via Shropshire Council.
The Government has prioritised the following sectors, so the first round of this competitive funding round is now open exclusively for these businesses and will close at 23.59pm on Sunday 7 June 2020.
- Small businesses in shared offices or flexible workspaces (such as units in industrial parks and incubators) which do not have their own business rates assessment. Grant funding available of £2,500 per business in office accommodation (B1), up to £10,000 if located in industrial / warehouse facility (B2 & B8).
- Regular market traders with fixed building costs, such as rent, who do not have their own business rates assessment. Grant funding of £2,500 per trader.
- Bed & Breakfasts which pay Council Tax instead of business rates. Grant funding of £2,500 available for businesses operating premises with less than 6 beds, which is the expected number to pay Council Tax.
- Charities that are based in commercial properties in receipt of charitable business rates relief which has not been eligible for the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure grant can apply for £5,000 grant funding.
Businesses are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as we will have to manage the limited funds on a first come first served basis.
After that time it is hoped there will be further competitive funding rounds over a period of 4 weeks that will each be open for 7 days but these further rounds are reliant on unallocated funding being available, so cannot be guaranteed.
- Support & services – Covid-19 pandemic
- Ellesmere Covid-19 Distancing Measures